This Cookies Policy provides the following information for users:
- What are cookies and similar technologies?
- What are the different types of cookies?
- What are cookies used for?
- How can users manage or opt out of cookies?
- Contact details and where to find further information
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
A cookie is a small data file, often including a unique identifier, which is sent to your computer, mobile phone, or tablet device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so the website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the website. The cookie will collect information relating to your use of our Services, information about your device, e.g., the device’s IP address and browser type, broad location, and, if you arrived at our site via a link from a third party site, the URL of the linking page. Suppose you have registered for any Services or you are a subscriber. In that case, it may also collect your name and email address, which may be transferred to data processors for registered user or subscriber verification purposes. Similar technologies known as “local storage” may also be used in our Services as an alternative to cookies. This is a technology that is similar to cookies and performs very similar functions, such as caching data to enable us to improve our Services, allowing you to register for our Services, and tracking activity to enable our advertisers and us to advertise to you in accordance with this policy and counting the number of people who view adverts on our Services. Where we refer to “cookies” in this policy, we mean cookies or similar technologies. Cookies record information about your online preferences and help us to tailor our Services to your interests. Information provided by cookies can help us to analyze your use of our Services and help us to provide you with a better user experience. In addition to cookies, our Services may also use web beacons, clear GIFs, page tags, and web bugs. These are all types of technology implemented by websites or third-party ad servers to allow them to analyze your website use and help improve your experience of the Services.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
- Session cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to a website and are deleted from your device when you close your browser;
- Persistent cookies are saved on your device for a set period after the browser has closed and are used where we (or a third party) need to identify you for a later browsing session.
- First-party cookies are set by the website you are visiting; and
- Third-party cookies are cookies used within our services that are set by other organizations. These include cookies from external analytics services, which help us to understand the use of our sites, or by advertisers so that they can track the effectiveness of their advertisements. Selected social media companies can also set third-party cookies to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks, which may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Essential or Strictly Necessary Cookies These cookies are essential for the running of our Services. Without these cookies, parts of our websites would not function. These cookies do not track where you have been on the internet and do not remember preferences beyond your current visit and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes. These cookies are usually session cookies that will expire when you close your browsing session.
Functional Cookies Functional cookies are essential to the running of our Services. They are used to remember your preferences on our websites and to provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is usually anonymized, so we cannot identify you personally. Company’s cookies do not track your internet usage or gather information that could be used for selling advertising, but they do help with serving to advertise. They may be set by third-party providers whose services we have added to our page or by us.
Analytical Performance and Measurement Cookies Analytical performance cookies are used to monitor the performance of our Services, for example, to determine the number of page views and the number of unique users a website has. Web analytics services may be designed and operated by third parties. The information provided by these cookies allows us to analyze user behavior patterns and use that information to enhance user experience or identify areas of the website that may require maintenance. The data is anonymous (i.e., it cannot be used to identify you and does not contain personal information such as your name and email address), and it is only used for statistical purposes.
Targeting or Behavioral Advertising Cookies These cookies may be placed on your device by our trusted third-party service providers or us. Remember that you have visited a website and use that information to provide you with content or advertising tailored to your interests. This is often called online behavioral advertising (OBA) and is done by grouping shared interests based on web browsing history. Your web browsing history can be used to infer things about you (e.g., your age, gender, etc.), and this information may also be used to make advertising on websites more relevant to you. Without these cookies, the content and advertisements you encounter may be less relevant to you and your interests.
YouTube Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. Learn more here.
LiteSpeed Cache This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary. We may use QUIC cloud services to process & cache your data temporarily. Please see https://quic.cloud/privacy-policy/ for more details. NOTE: Company uses collected data for site performance and internal use only. We will sell or otherwise distribute your data to any third-party services, or any other entity.
HOW CAN USERS MANAGE OR OPT OUT OF COOKIES?
Cookies, including those which have already been set, can be deleted from your hard drive. You can also change the preferences/settings in your web browser to control cookies. Some internet browsers have a ‘Do Not Track or ‘DNT’ setting; this sends a signal to websites asking them not to track your browsing. The following links may be helpful:
- Cookie setting in Firefox
- Cookie setting in Safari – desktop and mobile devices
- Cookie setting in Microsoft products
- Cookie setting in Chrome
- Cookie setting in Opera
In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from the primary site, but block them from third parties. In others, you can block cookies from specific advertisers or clear out all cookies. Deleting or blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of the site. To learn more about how to reject cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or go to the help menu within your internet browser. If you experience any problems having deleted cookies, you should contact the supplier of your web browser. United States If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more or to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please visit AboutAds.info for laptops and NAI Mobile Choices or AppChoices for mobile devices.
Our website uses specialist security software – Shield Security. This helps to ensure data breaches do not occur and our website and data are protected against hacking attempts and intrusion. Shield Security protects site visitors and works to block potential hacks while monitoring web traffic and filesystem changes. To learn more about Shield Security, please follow this link.
DATA STORAGE: USER SESSION
For logged-in users, the Shield Security plugin stores information on the username, the IP address, and the time of last login and last activity. This information is purged upon logout or data cleanup.
DATA STORAGE: AUDIT TRAIL
Shield Security plugin has an Audit Trail feature that will log the following information:
- Audit Trail message that may include email addresses
- Logged-in username (where applicable)
- Originating IP address of the request
For logged-in users, this represents information that may be used to locate (by IP address) and identify individuals and their activity on the site. This information is stored for security purposes by the site administrator. This data will be retained and then automatically purged from the database after a fixed time period, as determined by the site administrator. (Currently, this is set to 7 days.)
SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site when you share our content with your friends and networks or when you engage with our content on or through a social site such as Facebook or Twitter. They can track your browser across other sites and build up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other sites.
- Essential and Functional Cookies We use these cookies to enable certain online functionality, including:
- Accessing your information so we can provide you with customized content and experiences, or remember the last page you visited on the Services;
- identifying returning users, registrants, and subscribers and allowing them to be presented with a personalized version of the site;
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details;
- commenting on our sites;
- maintaining your settings and authenticating your identity while you are logged in to the Services;
- to support security measures and to assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
If you object to the use of essential and functional cookies, please see the above section: How can users manage or opt-out of cookies?
- Analytical Performance and Measurement Cookies We use these cookies to measure users’ behavior to develop our Services better. By using analytics services provided by third parties such as Google Analytics, we can analyze and measure which pages are viewed and how long and which links are followed. We can use this information to provide more content that is of interest. The data collected will generally be aggregated to provide trends and usage patterns for business analysis, site/platform improvement, and performance metrics and to inform our advertising and marketing strategies. Our cookies, or the resulting analysis, can also be shared with our business partners. We also receive similar information about visitors to our group companies’ sites and other partners’ sites.
- Targeting or Behavioral Advertising Cookies We use these cookies to:
- deliver content and marketing communications tailored to your interests based on information from your visit;
- manage eCommerce activities via affiliate links and associated revenue share arrangements;
- measure general user behavior across our sites and third-party sites to build a profile based on users’ browsing patterns so that third parties and we can target advertising to users that will be more relevant to their interests;
- to create profiles that trusted third parties can buy to allow them to better target their advertising with more relevant content;
- display relevant advertising to you on other sites based on your web search activity;
- keep track of the number of users who saw a particular ad or visited a particular page of one of our websites, analyze the effectiveness of our ads, and provide auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers.
We cannot control nor have access to any cookies placed on your computer by third-party advertisers and sponsors. For more detailed information about the third parties whom we work with on targeting and behavioral advertising:
- Google Analytics Performance & Measurement https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- YouTube Performance & Functionality https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
- Facebook Performance, Functionality & Targeting https://www.facebook.com/
- Google Ads Targeting & Advertising http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Other Third-Party Cookies You may notice on some pages cookies have been set that are not related to Company. When you visit a page with content embedded from a third-party service provider such as YouTube, for example, they may set their own cookies on your device. Company, Inc does not control the use of these third-party cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. Please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies.
- How Long We Retain Your Data If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Media If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
CONTACT DETAILS AND WHERE TO FIND FURTHER INFORMATION
Website Issues Contact the webmaster by email: email@example.com